All connections are logged by tcpserver. Before, mine was in /var/adm or
/var/log. If you want to have the logs for tcpserver on a separate file,
install daemontools. (Forgot the URL for this but you can find it in qmail's
homepage.)
Then replace "/var/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd" in your startup script with
/path/to/multilog t /var/log/smtpd. BTW, you must first create the
/var/log/smtpd dir. Restart your tcpserver and then check if the logs go to
/var/log/smtpd.

Hope this helps.

--

Regards,