I am struggling with maildrop here. It doesn't seem to like me much :-)

Since I did not find _any_ decent manual for it, read through all the darn
useless README files, etc. I see no solution but to play with it till it
works or doesn't. Anyways I am trying to get it invoked from .qmail of a
user called postman of group users.

.qmail
| preline maildrop

does nothing good, neither does

| maildrop

and may other combinations I have tried. I've attempted to force it to read
the .mailfilter file... no results.

Can someone tell me how to use this beast? Someone suggested tweaking
/var/qmail/rc but what exactly?

Just a fine example of an undocumented product. Or human ignorance [which is
also considered a bliss].

Denis