On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Dimitri SZAJMAN wrote:

> I can't allow all IP of his ISP because I would relay 193.252.*.* so
> thousands of IPs.

You are correct.  That would most certainly be foolish.

> So what can I do ? Can I set qmail to relay based on the "FROM: " field ?
> Can I use an authentification for using the smtp ?

No, that would be a bad idea since the "From:" field is controlled by the
user.  You would quickly find yourself bein used as "Spam Central
Station."  Anyway, you're looking for something called "Roaming" which
enables relaying for a set period of time after someone authenticates
successfully via POP3.  The only problem with this is if your customers
email client attempts to send mail before it logs in to POP3 to receive
it.

I'm not sure if this feature is supported in plain-vanilla qmail, but it
can be accomplished using vpopmail.  Check out the FAQ at
www.inter7.com/vpopmail/.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"