On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 06:08:25PM +1300, Jim Gilliver wrote:
> But now qmail is not paying attention to the .qmail file in that
> directory...  it still delivers the mail to the Maildir subdirectory
> (probably because this is qmail-ldap's default) but the .qmail in the home
> dir has two | lines... one that is meant to run /usr/bin/deliver, and
> another for testing that just has:
>
> |/bin/echo $USER and stuff > debug
>
> but no debug file is ever created.  The permissions on the home dir and
> .qmail file are fine (tried 0600 and 0604, neither seems to have any
> effect).  Are there any other situations where qmail/qmail-ldap will ignore
> the .qmail file?

        Yes. :)

        You have to specify how you want those files evaulated, if you
want them evaluated at all.  You can do this on a user by user
basis by setting the qmailDotMode field in a users LDAP entry.

        It is also controled by /var/qmail/control/ldapdefaultdotmode.

        Here is a user sample from my system:

cn=Adam Jacob, dc=arizonainternet, dc=net
cn=Adam Jacob
sn=Jacob
objectclass=top
objectclass=person
objectclass=inetOrgPerson
objectclass=qmailUser
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailhost=pendragon.cybertrails.com
mailmessagestore=/home/adam/
qmaildotmode=ldapwithprog
deliveryprogrampath=/var/qmail/bin/preline /usr/bin/procmail
qmailuser=adam
qmailuid=500
qmailgid=500
uid=adam
mailalternateaddress=adam@localhost

        (Some lines removed for brevity)  Note the line that
says "qmaildotmaode=ldapwithprog".  That statement says to
execute the deliverprogrampath field if it's defined, otherwise
deliver to whatever the LDAP default is. :)

        If you set that to "both", it will execute the .qmail file.
If you only want it to read .qmail files, you can set it to
dotonly.

        The same values can be put here that can be put in ldapdefaultmode.

        See the QLDAPINSTALL file, line 148 for more information.

                                Adam

Adam Jacob - Cyber Trails                    Phone - (602)906-1752
Sr. Systems Administrator                    Pager - (602)447-9531
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Fax   - (602)907-1799
        * Evil Lord of the Sysadmin Sith Darth Rmdashrf *