I hear ya,

I consider myself a fairly accomplished mail and unix sys admin, and
can't get off the fetchmail list. Luckily I subscribed to that list with
an address that was dispensible. My solution was to never retrieve that
account again.

Have you tried all the functionality afforded to you by the list, like
ask for a list of subscribers? I think ezmlm can do that, I know
majordomo can. See if you're on the list that is produced by that
command/message. If so, separate out the text from that message which
shows your address, and post it to the list along with the commands/msgs
you're sending to remove yourself. If not, you best switch to qmail,
because you'll be on the list for life.

Saludos Eric Dahnke