qmail Digest 8 Dec 1999 11:00:01 -0000 Issue 843

Topics (messages 34031 through 34083):

Re: Secondary mail Q
        34031 by: Peter Gradwell

Re: Sendmail Virtusertable equivalent?
        34032 by: Peter Gradwell
        34039 by: Richard Roderick
        34041 by: Peter Gradwell
        34043 by: cmikk.uswest.net
        34044 by: Richard Roderick
        34046 by: Richard Roderick

Re: secondary mail relay: rcpthosts AND SMTPROUTES
        34033 by: Timothy L. Mayo
        34035 by: Timothy L. Mayo

Re: Encrypting all outgoing messages
        34034 by: Magnus Bodin

test, ignore
        34036 by: Chris Santerre

Old messages in Maildir/tmp
        34037 by: Fred Backman
        34064 by: Sam

newbie needs help
        34038 by: Dewald Strauss

Re: Mail forwarding on qmail
        34040 by: Ronny Haryanto
        34062 by: qmail.col7.metta.lk
        34072 by: Ben Beuchler
        34074 by: Jim Gilliver

begging for mercy, I am swallowing pride.
        34042 by: Chris Santerre
        34048 by: Soffen, Matthew
        34049 by: Chris Santerre
        34050 by: Eric Dahnke
        34051 by: Chris Santerre
        34053 by: thomas.erskine-dated-bee2da07f8f27241.crc.ca
        34054 by: Peter Gradwell
        34055 by: Philip Gabbert

test,ignore or read before you flame me.
        34045 by: Chris Santerre
        34047 by: Shawn P. Stanley

QMAIL + LDAP + QUOTA implementation
        34052 by: Curtis Generous

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!
        34056 by: Chris Santerre
        34057 by: Julian L.C. Brown
        34058 by: Dustin Miller
        34060 by: Fabrice Scemama
        34061 by: Julian L.C. Brown
        34077 by: Diego A. Puertas F.
        34078 by: Dustin Miller

Problems receiving mail
        34059 by: Paul Charsley

qmailadmin/vpopmail strange behaviour
        34063 by: Marco Leeflang

Filtering on "MAIL FROM:"
        34065 by: Stefaan A Eeckels
        34066 by: Dustin Miller
        34067 by: Sam
        34068 by: Adam D . McKenna
        34069 by: Vince Vielhaber
        34071 by: Chris Thorman

Restrictions on "MAIL FROM:"
        34070 by: Ronny Haryanto

Re: Attachments]
        34073 by: Bill Hults

Strange message
        34075 by: Jeff Lush

syslog on RH 6.1
        34076 by: Mate Wierdl

Pop and relay not working together
        34079 by: Amit Vadehra

Virtual domains stuff
        34080 by: Michael Boman
        34081 by: Magnus Bodin
        34082 by: Häffelin Holger
        34083 by: 'Michael Boman'

Administrivia:

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To bug my human owner, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

At 07:32 PM 06/12/99 -0500, Bob C. Ruddy wrote:
>I'm looking to set up a secondary mail server for when my primary is
>unreachable. I don't want qmail to deliver the email though just queue it
>up till the primary mail server comes online. I looked through the faq but
>did not see anything. Can someone point me in the right direction.

yeah, just bung the domain in the rcpthosts file on the second server and
then in the DNS give it a higher MX preference value than the primary server.

Then, qmail on the secondary MX will accept the mail for the domain and try
and deliver it to the primary MX, queuing and retrying on the way...

I think it gives up after a message has been in the queue for 7 days or
something. Plenty of time for you to try something else :)

peter
--
peter at gradwell dot com; online @ http://www.gradwell.com/

At 08:12 PM 06/12/99 -0500, Jay Soffian wrote:

>I presume you've read the qmail instructions and are familiar with the
>basics of setup. I did leave out a pretty important step though... you
>need to add the virtual domains (the LHS in the virtusertable) to
>either /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts on
>/var/qmail/control/morercpthosts (I used morercpthosts, don't forget
>to run qmail-newmrh).

and of course, don't forget that on the qmail website there is a brilliant
use of (either) sed (or awk, I forget which) to generate an rcpthosts file
from a  virtualdomains file, which when added to the bottom of your "build"
script adds one further level of marvelousness!

peter
--

At 11:50 AM 12/7/1999 +0000, Peter Gradwell wrote:
>At 08:12 PM 06/12/99 -0500, Jay Soffian wrote:
>
>>I presume you've read the qmail instructions and are familiar with the
>>basics of setup. I did leave out a pretty important step though... you
>>need to add the virtual domains (the LHS in the virtusertable) to
>>either /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts on
>>/var/qmail/control/morercpthosts (I used morercpthosts, don't forget
>>to run qmail-newmrh).
>
>and of course, don't forget that on the qmail website there is a brilliant
>use of (either) sed (or awk, I forget which) to generate an rcpthosts file
>from a  virtualdomains file, which when added to the bottom of your
>"build" script adds one further level of marvelousness!

I don't believe this deals with mail relaying? (SMTP queuing)

Yes? No?
Richard

At 07:32 AM 07/12/99 -0800, you wrote:

>I don't believe this deals with mail relaying? (SMTP queuing)

well how do you mean. By putting a domain into the rcpthosts file, qmail
will effectively accept the mail, queue it and deliver it to the better
preference MX hosts. [1]

So, if you wanted to relay mail for specific domains, then yes, you could
enter them into the rcpthosts file...

If on the other hand you wanted to run a smart host mail relay for your
users, then you would need to enable selective relaying, and Chris Johnson
has written how to do this on this website (linked from www.qmail.org).

peter

[1] Which is why, if your mail server is the best MX preference host, but
ony has the domain name listed in rcpthosts and not virtualdomains or
locals, you get a bounce akin to "uh oh, that domain is in my rcpthosts,
and i'm the best pref mx, but it's not in my locals or virtualdomains file"...

--

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 17:48:08 -0500 (EST) , "Michael T. Halligan" writes:
> qmail is very unlogical if you have been using sendmail for five years..
> heck I know people who have been using qmail for 3 years and none of you
> can explain to me how to do the equivalent of /etc/mail/virtusertable ..

Try fastforward.

Basically, you feed a list of lines of the form:

user@host:<address>;
user@:<address>;    <--- host is wildcard
@host:<address>;    <--- user is wildcard

to a program called setforward, which records these in a hash
file.

Then, in ~alias/.qmail-default, you put

|fastforward <name of hash file>

This should do exactly what you want, if I understand correctly.

--
Chris Mikkelson  |  It was mentioned on CNN that the prime number
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |  discovered recently is four times bigger than

At 03:45 PM 12/7/1999 +0000, Peter Gradwell wrote:
>At 07:32 AM 07/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>I don't believe this deals with mail relaying? (SMTP queuing)
>
>well how do you mean. By putting a domain into the rcpthosts file, qmail
>will effectively accept the mail, queue it and deliver it to the better
>preference MX hosts. [1]
>
>So, if you wanted to relay mail for specific domains, then yes, you could
>enter them into the rcpthosts file...

I was just pointing out that reading the virtualdomains file to make
rcpthosts will not deal with queuing. Not that anything didn't work in
qmail. Get it?

Richard

At 10:05 AM 12/7/1999 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 17:48:08 -0500 (EST) , "Michael T. Halligan" writes:
> > qmail is very unlogical if you have been using sendmail for five years..
> > heck I know people who have been using qmail for 3 years and none of you
> > can explain to me how to do the equivalent of /etc/mail/virtusertable ..
>
>Try fastforward.
>
>Basically, you feed a list of lines of the form:
>
>user@host:<address>;
>user@:<address>;    <--- host is wildcard
>@host:<address>;    <--- user is wildcard
>
>to a program called setforward, which records these in a hash
>file.
>
>Then, in ~alias/.qmail-default, you put
>
>|fastforward <name of hash file>
>
>This should do exactly what you want, if I understand correctly.

Great info, thanks. More of these notes need to be so simple!!!! :)

Richard

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, David L. Nicol wrote:

> "Timothy L. Mayo" wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, David L. Nicol wrote:
>
> > > And add a line in control/smtproutes too; otherwise you'll
> > > bounce messages as qmail mistakenly interprets that it is supposed
> > > to be the end recipient.  This starts happening only after you
> > > actually modify the MX records.
> > >

> > No.  An smtproutes entry is NOT needed.  The only time you would have a
> > problem would be if you placed your server at the same MX or higher
> > priority as the machine you were serving as the secondary for.  (Remeber
> > that a HIGHER MX number is a LOWER priority.)
> >
> > ---------------------------------
> > Timothy L. Mayo                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Senior Systems Administrator
> > localconnect(sm)
> > http://www.localconnect.net/
>

> Yes, that is what I thought, too, until I did it.  The primary MX has
> priority five, the secondary has priority 20, and I set the qmail box
> to have priority 200 and what happened to the occasional piece of
> e-mail that got to it?  It was bounced, with a message that said
> "Although I am listed as the primary mx for this host, I haven't a
> clue what to do with this piece of e-mail." (from memory.)

Then something was wrong with either your DNS setup or the name server
that the qmail secondary MX server was using.  My instructions for ONLY
adding it to the rcpthosts file were based on it working exactly that way
for several domains for which I do just exactly what I said and they work
exactly as documented.  Mail is queued and forwarded when the primary
comes back on line.

Why did your qmail box think it was the best preference MX host?

---------------------------------
Timothy L. Mayo                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Administrator
localconnect(sm)
http://www.localconnect.net/

The National Business Network Inc.      http://www.nb.net/
One Monroeville Center, Suite 850
Monroeville, PA  15146
(412) 810-8888 Phone
(412) 810-8886 Fax

You do NOT need the smtproutes entry if your DNS is set up correctly.

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 11:58:44AM +0100, Mikael Schmidt wrote:
> Hello, I have found a daemon for sendmail that allows encrypting of
> outgoing messages, now I wonder if there is any daemon for qmail that can
> do the same thing?

How do you want to encrypt the mails?
For each recipient, or with the same key to all recipients?

The simplest and best is to create a local alias that encrypts and resends
incoming mail. It can log and behave exactly as you want and is only run
when mail is delivered.

Note that you have to behave nicely to attachments.

/magnus

--
http://x42.com/

  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Say NO to HTML in email and news

begin:vcard
n:Santerre;Chris
tel;pager:(401)452-6449
tel;work:(401)453-4455 ext.109
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.paginc.com
org:Property Advisory Group
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:IT Manager
note:Study the history of Bill Gates, then you will want to buy Linux!
adr;quoted-printable:;;4 Cathedral Square =0D=0ASuite 1G=0D=0A;Providence;RI;02903;USA
fn:Chris
end:vcard

Why do I have old messages (as in 3-4 days old) in Maildir/tmp?
Shouldn't these be moved to Maildir/new at delivery? If this isn't
always the case, can someone please explain why they haven't been moved
and also when, if ever, they will be.

Cheers
Fred

Fred Backman writes:

> Why do I have old messages (as in 3-4 days old) in Maildir/tmp?
> Shouldn't these be moved to Maildir/new at delivery? If this isn't
> always the case, can someone please explain why they haven't been moved
> and also when, if ever, they will be.

Stuff in tmp is partially-delivered mail where the delivery had to be
aborted for some reason -- process killed for some reason, etc...

It should be deleted after 1-2 days.  Whatever reads from the Maildir is
responsible for deleting stale stuff out of tmp.  I wouldn't worry too much
if its 3-4 days old, but if you see stuff older than that, and you do
actually read mail from that Maildir, whatever software you're using needs
to be fixed.

--
Sam

Hi ppl,

Got Qmail and vpopmail installed, and installed qmail-analog

Now this may seem like a stupid question, but I don't know
what else to do.

How do I get the output from the qmail-analog commands ?
What do I have to type to see the stats ?

thanks
Dewald

On 07-Dec-1999, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> 1. I'd like to make a copy on all outgoing email to a single user account.
> Is it possible to do that at qmail? How it works?
Take a look at ~alias/.qmail-msglog

> 2. I'd like to make a copy all incoming email of a user account to another
> user account. Is it possible to do that at qmail? How it works? I have
> tried to make an entry at .qmail file to forward the mail, but no mail left
> at the original account. How to COPY instead of FORWARD?
Put two entries in the .qmail file, one for the original, one for the
copy.

--
Ronny Haryanto

On Tue, Dec 07, 1999 at 06:20:34PM +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

> 2. I'd like to make a copy all incoming email of a user account to another
> user account. Is it possible to do that at qmail? How it works? I have
> tried to make an entry at .qmail file to forward the mail, but no mail left
> at the original account. How to COPY instead of FORWARD?

this is what my .qmail file looks like

./Maildir/
&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

this puts one message in the Maildir and one message to the account
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best Regards,
Jacob
--

  All processes are painful. When one sees this with understanding, then
  one is disillusioned with the things of suffering. This is the Path of

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 2. I'd like to make a copy all incoming email of a user account to another
> user account. Is it possible to do that at qmail? How it works? I have
> tried to make an entry at .qmail file to forward the mail, but no mail left
> at the original account. How to COPY instead of FORWARD?

I haven't actually tried this, but I would assume this would work:

---
cat > .qmail
&<forwarding address>
./Maildir/
---

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"
        -- The Matrix

> > 2. I'd like to make a copy all incoming email of a user account to
another
> > user account. Is it possible to do that at qmail? How it works? I have
> > tried to make an entry at .qmail file to forward the mail, but no mail
left
> > at the original account. How to COPY instead of FORWARD?
>
> I haven't actually tried this, but I would assume this would work:
>
> ---
> cat > .qmail
> &<forwarding address>
> ./Maildir/
> ---

Just to help out, I do this now, and it does work =)

I hate when people keep posting stupid stuff on a list. I am on numerous lists
like everyone else. When you get these newbies that ask the stupidest things you
have to grin and bear it. But when they keep beating a dead horse, you want to
beat the term FAQ and HOWTO into there vocabulary. Well now I feel like I need
the beating. All I want to do is get off this list. I got on when I was thinking
of using qmail on one of our servers, but I didn't use it. So I get tons of
things I don't need. I have tried just about everything. If somebody can't
figure out this problem, I'll have to write a script that filters this stuff
out. the following is an email I sent to another person that best describes the
problem. Basically the return-path address in the header is the same as what I
try to unsubscribe as, but it just says not in the list. PLEASE help me figure
this out so I can stop wasting everyone's time.

Here goes:

If you can figure this one out for me, I am in your debt. I hate pasting in all
this stuff, but I don't have a choice at this point. I have done the usual
unsubscribe with no effect. Yes it tells me I am not in the list. So I searched
the
return path as you and about ten others have mentioned, including the ezmlm
itself.  It gives me the same name that I tried unsubscribing with. As with
every
other admin in the world, I have a lot of email addresses. I have tried them
all.
Here is a list of the email addresses I have tried to unsubscribe as:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (An old email I inherited from previous admin's web design)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (this is an internal email id set by emwac)
and the 1st 3 again with @mole.paginc.com

It never gives me an error about my unsubscription, so I no they are not
malformed.
This branch of the company is using EMWAC email on an NT server w/ Norton
antivirus
email gateway. I don't think any of this matters but I figured I'd give you the
whole scoop. So here's what it gives me:

(EMWAC

                 SMTPRS 0.83) with SMTP id <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Tue,
07
Dec
                 1999 09:11:58 -0500
            Date:
                 7 Dec 1999 14:06:32 -0000
            From:
                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              To:
                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
          Subject:
                 ezmlm response

                 SMTPRS 0.83) with SMTP id <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Tue,
07
Dec
                 1999 09:10:13 -0500
                 8003

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.

To confirm that you would like

   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

removed from this mailing list, please send an empty reply to this address:

   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Your mailer should have a Reply feature that uses this address automatically.

I haven't checked whether your address is currently on the mailing list.
To see what address you used to subscribe, look at the messages you are
receiving from the mailing list. Each message has your address hidden
inside its return path; for example, [EMAIL PROTECTED] receives messages
with return path ...-God=heaven.af.mil.

See http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail.html for more information about qmail.

Please read http://pobox.com/~djb/qmail/faq.html before sending your
question to the qmail mailing list.

--- Here are the ezmlm command addresses.

I can handle administrative requests automatically.
Just send an empty note to any of these addresses:

   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
   Receive future messages sent to the mailing list.

   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
   Stop receiving messages.

   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
   Retrieve a copy of message 12345 from the archive.

DO NOT SEND ADMINISTRATIVE REQUESTS TO THE MAILING LIST!
If you do, I won't see them, and subscribers will yell at you.

To specify [EMAIL PROTECTED] as your subscription address, send mail
to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
I'll send a confirmation message to that address; when you receive that
message, simply reply to it to complete your subscription.

--- Below this line is a copy of the request I received.

Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 08:57:43 -0500
From: Chris Santerre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: (no subject)

begin:vcard
n:Santerre;Chris
tel;pager:(401)452-6449
tel;work:(401)453-4455 ext.109
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.paginc.com
org:Property Advisory Group
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:IT Manager
note:Study the history of Bill Gates, then you will want to buy Linux!
adr;quoted-printable:;;4 Cathedral Square =0D=0ASuite 1G=0D=0A;Providence;RI;02903;USA
fn:Chris
end:vcard

Could your problem be due to your "reply-to" address being set to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] instead of your normal account ?

Matt Soffen
        Applications Developer
        http://www.iso-ne.com/
Boss    - "My boss says we need some eunuch programmers."
Dilbert - "I think he means UNIX and I already know UNIX."
Boss    - "Well, if the company nurse comes by, tell her I said
             never mind."
                                       - Dilbert -

Yeah. I got the "not in list' message. Thanks.
I've never seen people work so hard at getting rid of me before. Almost comforting ;)

begin:vcard
n:Santerre;Chris
tel;pager:(401)452-6449
tel;work:(401)453-4455 ext.109
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.paginc.com
org:Property Advisory Group
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:IT Manager
note:Study the history of Bill Gates, then you will want to buy Linux!
adr;quoted-printable:;;4 Cathedral Square =0D=0ASuite 1G=0D=0A;Providence;RI;02903;USA
fn:Chris
end:vcard

I hear ya,

I consider myself a fairly accomplished mail and unix sys admin, and
can't get off the fetchmail list. Luckily I subscribed to that list with
an address that was dispensible. My solution was to never retrieve that
account again.

Have you tried all the functionality afforded to you by the list, like
ask for a list of subscribers? I think ezmlm can do that, I know
majordomo can. See if you're on the list that is produced by that
command/message. If so, separate out the text from that message which
shows your address, and post it to the list along with the commands/msgs
you're sending to remove yourself. If not, you best switch to qmail,
because you'll be on the list for life.

Saludos Eric Dahnke

Chris Santerre escribió:

> [...]
> question to the qmail mailing list.
>
> --- Here are the ezmlm command addresses.
>
> I can handle administrative requests automatically.
> Just send an empty note to any of these addresses:
>
>    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>    Receive future messages sent to the mailing list.
>
>    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>    Stop receiving messages.
>
>    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>    Retrieve a copy of message 12345 from the archive.
>
> DO NOT SEND ADMINISTRATIVE REQUESTS TO THE MAILING LIST!
> If you do, I won't see them, and subscribers will yell at you.
>
> To specify [EMAIL PROTECTED] as your subscription address, send mail
> to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
> I'll send a confirmation message to that address; when you receive that
> message, simply reply to it to complete your subscription.
>
> --- Below this line is a copy of the request I received.

*silly grin* I'm not complaining by any means. Except for a few flames, everyone has
been
great. I am now trying it without the reply to address set to admin. Do you think this
would have made a difference when I originals subscribed as well?

I'm copying this to the list, just so everybody knows I'm trying that. Again I am sorry
about al this wasted time and email that doesn't even have to do with Qmail as someone
pointed out. The more I reply the more I feel like an idiot.

"Timothy L. Mayo" wrote:

> When the list is given the information it needs, people usually do try to
> help. :)  The times it is frustrating is when people ask for help, don't
> give the necessary information and then complain when they don't get the
> correct help.
>
> Have you tried setting your reply to address so that it matches your
> address or removing that entry altogether?

begin:vcard
n:Santerre;Chris
tel;pager:(401)452-6449
tel;work:(401)453-4455 ext.109
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.paginc.com
org:Property Advisory Group
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:IT Manager
note:Study the history of Bill Gates, then you will want to buy Linux!
adr;quoted-printable:;;4 Cathedral Square =0D=0ASuite 1G=0D=0A;Providence;RI;02903;USA
fn:Chris
end:vcard

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Chris Santerre wrote:

[snip]
> Yeah. I got the "not in list' message. Thanks.
> I've never seen people work so hard at getting rid of me before. Almost comforting ;)

One thing that should always be successful in getting off an ezmlm list
would be arranging for your current server to bounce any messages to you
from the list for a while.  (I forget what "a while" is.)  After "a while"
ezmlm will try to probe your account and if the probe also bounces it will
remove you.  I could tell you how to arrange to bounce mail with qmail,
but that's not going to help you. :-)

--
"Life is much too important to be taken seriously."
Thomas Erskine        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        (613) 998-2836

At 11:27 AM 07/12/99 -0500, you wrote:

> > Did you in fact reply to the unsubscribe confirmation message?  I don't
> > see your response or the final unsubscribe message enclosed.
> >

>Yeah. I got the "not in list' message. Thanks.
>I've never seen people work so hard at getting rid of me before. Almost
>comforting ;)

it would appear that his anti-virus software is swallowing the return-path
header, thus making it rather tricky to work out what address it is he's
subscribed to. I've sent him to the logs.

(Is this list members only? It would make life much easier if it was.)

peter
--
peter at gradwell dot com; online @ http://www.gradwell.com/

account. There is no user by the name of gp on my system.
But I do note in the Delivered-To it has the email address that I'm subscribed with:
Might want to check that out.  Known out qmail works, you can safely see that the
email address it was sent to was [EMAIL PROTECTED], my email address.

So in a sense, it does have your emial address in every email message, you just have
to know where to look ..

Besides, you could always bounce all messsages that contain [EMAIL PROTECTED] in
the To:, CC:; or BCC: header lines. ;)

Philip

Eric Dahnke wrote:

> [...]
> > question to the qmail mailing list.
> >
> > --- Here are the ezmlm command addresses.
> >
> > I can handle administrative requests automatically.
> > Just send an empty note to any of these addresses:
> >
> >    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >    Receive future messages sent to the mailing list.
> >
> >    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >    Stop receiving messages.
> >
> >    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >    Retrieve a copy of message 12345 from the archive.
> >
> > DO NOT SEND ADMINISTRATIVE REQUESTS TO THE MAILING LIST!
> > If you do, I won't see them, and subscribers will yell at you.
> >
> > To specify [EMAIL PROTECTED] as your subscription address, send mail
> > to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
> > I'll send a confirmation message to that address; when you receive that
> > message, simply reply to it to complete your subscription.
> >
> > --- Below this line is a copy of the request I received.

I am working with someone to figure out a problem. I am not testing to see if
this message gets to the list, but what the header info reads so I can get off
of this list, so I will never bother you guys again. If you flame me I have to
waste time reading it, instead of getting off of here. Man, I'm liking sendmail
more and more :-)

begin:vcard
n:Santerre;Chris
tel;pager:(401)452-6449
tel;work:(401)453-4455 ext.109
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.paginc.com
org:Property Advisory Group
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:IT Manager
note:Study the history of Bill Gates, then you will want to buy Linux!
adr;quoted-printable:;;4 Cathedral Square =0D=0ASuite 1G=0D=0A;Providence;RI;02903;USA
fn:Chris
end:vcard

I like sendmail too, mainly because I've been using it for years and years.
But I was unable to secure it against spammers, despite numerous rule update
offerings.  Maybe someday it'll be totally secure.  Until then, at least
there's qmail.