        [snip]

> > 3) how do I configure /bin/mail to use qmail? the doc just says do it
> > but doesn't say how.
>
> I haven't been able to figure out how to configure *sending* mail using
> /bin/mail on a qmail installed machine. My guess is that /bin/mail speaks
> directly to an SMTP server or something goofy.
>
> Being on a RedHat 6.1 box, you might consider using Bruce Guenter's
> *excellent* qmail source RPMs. <http://em.ca/~bruceg/>

        I believe that /bin/mail simply uses /usr/sbin/sendmail to send its
mail so make sure that you have replaced sendmail with a link to the qmail
sendmail wrapper program.

Matt Soffen
        Applications Developer
        http://www.iso-ne.com/
Boss    - "My boss says we need some eunuch programmers."
Dilbert - "I think he means UNIX and I already know UNIX."
Boss    - "Well, if the company nurse comes by, tell her I said
             never mind."
                                       - Dilbert -