I know it must be that I am missing something but I have tried to find the error with
no resolve.
for example if I setup a virtual domain with the following for a DNS record
(the domain names below are bogus I am using real ones in the actual server)

@       IN      SOA     test.com. root.test.com.  (
                                     199922700 ; Serial
                                     28800      ; Refresh
                                     14400      ; Retry
                                     3600000    ; Expire
                                     86400 )    ; Minimum
 IN     NS      NS1.nameserver.COM.
 IN     NS      NS2.nameserver.COM.
 IN     MX      10 mail.test.com.
@       IN      A       209.53.177.3
mail    IN      A       209.53.177.5

I add the domain using vpopmails scripts as follows
\home\vpopmail\bin\vadddomain test.com password
\home\vpopmail\bin\vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED] password

when sending mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] I get the following error

**<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
**Sorry. Although I'm listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host,
it **isn't in my control/locals file, so I don't treat it as local.
(#5.4.6)

now if I add the virtual domain mail.test.com using the scripts like the following
\home\vpopmail\bin\vadddomain mail.test.com password
\home\vpopmail\bin\vadduser [EMAIL PROTECTED] password

I can send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and see it appear in
/home/vpopmail/domains/mail.test.com/frank/Maildir/new

I still can not send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

any Ideas,  Thanks in advance
Cris Leonard,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.netcents.com