Petr Novotny wrote:

> That looks like a reasonable way to do. The even more reasonable
> way would be to find out the recipient of the bounce, and point
> _that_ account to bit hell (/dev/null). You don't have to generate the
> second bounce, and you're not missing some (more important)
> double bounces.

Tried putting /dev/null in the .qmail but I get this error:

    Error_while_writing_message._(#4.3.0)

Any ideas? Haven't had time to search the docs/web though.

> > What's the best way to deal with this? The spammer
> > even used msc.net.ph in the greeting, but the receiving
> > server was able to record the IP as 152.200.184.186.
>
> Not much to do. It's a feature (agruably weakness) of SMTP
> protocol. You can only trace further 152.200.184.186, and
> undertake legal action or something, but you need to live
> with the bounces.

If my trace is right, it is from an AOL dialup. Do you think
they will be cooperative in tracing the actual user?

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

-- Gil Prudente