>Hi everybody!
>
>My name is Marvel Carvalho.
>
>I work in a company called Portway. We developed systems to HandHeld
>and Palm platform , and also Sales Administration Systems to Intel
>platform - with Delphi and Oracle.
>
>I'm interested in setting up a Linux station in our net NT.
>We want it working as a PROXI server, FTP Server, internal e-mail Server.
>
>I need to learn how to do all of these things. I know that it can
>take many time. Which is the best way to learn it? Courses / Books /
>what else????
>
>I'll appreciate your opinion very much...
>
>I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
>
>Marvel Carvalho
>Portway - Brazil - SP

Hello Marvel-

The best way to learn Linux is to get a computer and a Linux CD and
install it, play with it, and read the documentation on the CD and on
the internet.  There are many good Linux distributions, but I am most
familiar with and recommend RedHat.  It is easy to install and has
good documentation.

http://www.redhat.com

You can download Linux for free, but it is difficult for a beginner.
You can buy $2 CDs of most popular Linux distributions from Linux
Mall:

http://www.linuxmall.com

Each of these sites below contains much documentation.

For ftp, there are two popular servers: wu-ftpd is more popular, and
proftpd is newer and more flexible.  (wu-ftpd comes with RedHat)

http://www.wu-ftpd.org
http://www.proftpd.org

For mail, there is sendmail and qmail.  I prefer qmail.  Download the
"Life with qmail" manual. (sendmail comes with RedHat)

http://www.qmail.org
http://www.sendmail.org

For web serving, there is apache: (comes with RedHat)
http://www.apache.org

If you want a server as you described, a company in Canada, e-smith,
has a nice Linux distribution that comes pre-configured to do what
you need (and more).

http://www.e-smith.net

To learn about free software and the License for linux, visit the
Free Software Foundation:

http://www.fsf.org

Books published by O'Reilly are the best Linux books.

Good Luck!
Peter