----- Original Message -----
From: "Strange" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Dustin Miller wrote:
> > Although that does bring up an interesting security question.  A spammer
> > could, potentially, launch a denial of service attack against a qmail
server
> > by sending spams, couldn't they?
>
> They can do that anyhow by sending to mailer-daemon, root, or another
> system account.

Well they could do that sending to ANYONE pretty much, eh?

Mail delivery for system accounts should be eliminated via the
qmail-users(5) mechanism.  Ideally it would be nice for there to be a
control file -- perhaps ``badrcptto'' -- to reject mail for such users at
the door.

Heh.. maybe there's already something like that and I haven't seen it.  ;-)

[snip]