Thanks that did it!

Mel Lively
Thompson & Knight LLP
214-969-1444

                    Ricardo

                    Cerqueira            To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    >                    Subject:     Re: New Qmail Installation -
Corel Linux

                    12/23/1999

                    09:59 AM

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 09:48:50AM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I think you are right. My working users have directories. How do I
> initialize new users?

           I'm not familiar with Corel Linux, but assuming they kept the
same structure Debian uses (and everyone else), new users get a copy of
/etc/skel as their homedir.
           Create a maildir within /etc/skel (use "maildirmake" to do
that), and everything should be OK.
           Also, the default delivery behavior of qmail is determined by
how it starts. Usually, it's something like "qmail-start ./Maildir/ ...".
Make sure that's how it's being done;
           A "ps ax | grep qmail-lspawn" should give you something like:

12016  ?  S    0:00 qmail-lspawn ./Maildir/

           and _not_

12016  ?  S    0:00 qmail-lspawn ./Mailbox

                                          Best regards, and good luck;
                                                    Ricardo Cerqueira

--