On  0, Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Subba Rao wrote:
>

> > I am in the process of moving my mail from a OS/2 box. The mail client
> > here is PMMail. Each email is stored in a seperate file, like in Maildir.
> > I have moved these files to linux, but cannot read them using Mutt to
> > convert them to Maildir named files. The PMMail files are named in 7.3 format,
> > which is like ABCXYZ1.MSG
> >
> > When I issue the command,
> >
> > $ file *.MSG
> >
> > I get the following output
> >
> > FKBOL40.MSG: RFC 822 mail text
> > FKVW7B0.MSG: ASCII text
> >
> > How do you convert these files into mbox or Maildir format? I want to be able
> > to read these messages using Mutt MUA.
>
> Try sticking them into the Maildir/new directory, then run mutt and see if
> it picks them up.

Thanks to all who replied. I created a temporary (maildir format) mail directory and
copied the files to "cur". Then,

mutt -f temporary

could read all the mail messages.

I tagged them and saved them to the Maildir directory and deleted the temporary
directory.

Subba Rao
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com