We have been using the term "mail forwarding" with our customers in the
same way that the USPS uses it: when your mail arrives at your mailbox, it
is "redirected" to a remote location (via a "&" entry in .qmail).

However, we have been told by a somewhat educated customer that this
process is really called "moving", not forwarding. "Forwarding", they say,
means that a copy is saved locally (via a "./Maildir/" entry in .qmail) and
a second copy is transmitted to the forwarding address.

What is the correct terminology? How do most of you use the term
"forwarding"?

Thanks for your input!

Dave
NetCarrier