"John L. Fjellstad" wrote:

> I looked through the archives, and couldn't find a solution for this
> problem, although the question seems to have been raised before.
>
> Because of historical reasons, we have three domains connected to our
> company.  Except for one or two users, a user in one domain is not a
> member of another domain. Because of economical reasons, I only have one
> mail server.
>
> Right now I have all the domains except for one, as virtualdomain.  The
> problem is that with virtualdomains, I can't figure out how to use the
> dot-qmail feature.  Anyone know how to give people in the virtualdomains
> this feature?

In the virtualdomains file you have something like:
domain1.com:username1
domain2.com:username2
domain3.com:username3

Then you have the .qmail-whatever's in the three user's home
directories.
~username1/.qmail (I believe you need this file for it to recognize
.qmail's--it's just empty)
~username1/.qmail-whatever1 (in these files, you have &user, or
&forwardemailaddress or whatever)
~username1/.qmail-whatever2

~username2/.qmail
~username2/.qmail-whatever3