> Thanks, it was the ident check. -R fixed it. Any brainstorms on why
> this suddenly cropped up? And only for this guy? He was running fine
> on Friday, came to work today and it had the delay. Over the weekend
> I pulled out the paranoid setting (-p) in my script. Does running
> with -p preclude running the ident check or something?

<bull mode on>
Don't quote me on this, but I think tcpserver's ident check fails
immediately with a connection refused (no ident services) and times out with
a connection that hangs (improperly configured ident services, some firewall
side effects).  If either of the latter was new to the equation, that might
do it.  Questions to ask: is he running a machine that might be expected to
do ident (as opposed to a Wintel)?  If so, does he run it or not run it?
And have there been any firewall changes between the two sites?
</bull mode off>

Beats the hell out of me ;>

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]