Josh Pennell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I read the virtual hosting faq, but I'm left wondering how do I set up a
> virtual mail domain that will send mail to seperate mail users.  The FAQ,
> as I understand it, only explains how to send <everyone>@yourdom.com to
> one individuals mail box.  I ( my customers ) need to be able to receive
> mail addressed to their domain in different mail box's.  For example:
>
> Mail For:             Deliver To:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -> /home/jill/Maildir
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -> /home/bobe/Maildir
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -> /home/elli/Maildir
>
> Should I use procmail to do this or does one of the mail guru's out there
> have a super elegant way to achieve this?

I think there is (like so often) more than one way to solve the
problem. The first way is to create only a forwarder in the homedir of
the virtual domain (i.e. /home/vpopmail/domains/cust-dom.com). So for
jill there should be a file .qmail-jill with one line

&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Qmail would then forward all incoming mail to the mentioned account at
real-dom.com which probably is a maildir on the same host.

If this is not what you want the second way is to create a real user in
your virtual domain and let the user pop the account in the common
way. You can then add a forwarder for this virtual user as well but I
think that's more complicate than the first way.

You should try to use the qmailadmin-package, its a really nice
cgi-interface to your virtualdomain-administration.

Martin