"Reece" == Reece Markowsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    Reece> You can see that I am running tcpserver correctly too:
 /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 137 -g 223 0 smtp
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd

Try making sure that the path to the CDB file is part of the '-x'
argument, not an additional argument (remove that extra space, that is
'-xFOO', not '-x FOO'). Also, use cdbdump to make sure that the cdb
file is up to date (or just rebuild it).

    Reece> Any ideas??

If that doesn't work, instead of exec'ing qmail-smtpd, exec an sh
script which dumps the env and them execs qmail-smtpd, as in:

#!/bin/sh
env > /var/tmp/debug/qmail-smtpd.$$
exec /var/qmail/bin/smtpd

Then, examine the environment and make sure RELAYCLIENT really is set.

BTW, if might want to use ofmipd for "internal" hosts to give you
rewriting flexibility in case you need it. I do so like this:

/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -H -learthquake -x/var/qmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u61 -g60 -v
0 smtp /var/qmail/libexec/qmail-smtpd+ofmipd

/var/qmail/etc/tcp.smtp:
192.168.249.:allow,OFMIPCLIENT="yes"
192.168.250.:allow,OFMIPCLIENT="yes"
206.251.18.:allow,OFMIPCLIENT="yes"
204.71.180.:allow,OFMIPCLIENT="yes"
:allow,DATABYTES="1048576"

/var/qmail/libexec/qmail-smtpd+ofmipd
#!/bin/sh
if [ -n "$OFMIPCLIENT" ] ; then
        exec /var/qmail/bin/ofmipd
else
        exec /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
fi

Good luck.

j.
--
Jay Soffian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                            UNIX Systems Engineer
404.572.1941                                             Cox Interactive Media