Hi there,

getting back to an earlier discussion,

I still haven't found out how to log the username (and perhaps the
passwords) that have been tried on successful AND mostly on UNsuccessful
logins.
Tried --enable-logging=y, tried several wrappers (see below).
I'm using vpopmail3.4.11 as the POP package.
Where is the username used in qmail-popup stored after I entered it?? File?
Variable? Help!

Regards !

-- jmr

Van Liedekerke Franky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 13
Jan 2000:
> This probably works, but I'm using tcpserver and multilog, so how can I
> achieve this kind of logging using those tools?
*************Mostly, I'd like to
*************know how to log all of the POP connections, not just the
successfully
*************authenticated ones.  In case someone tries to crack the
passwords or
*************something like that.

I'm curious about this as well.  I'm still using inetd for POP, but I'm
planning to migrate over to tcpserver sometime.