How do I apply these patches?

----- Original Message -----
From: Faried Nawaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Max <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: Configuration for high volume qmail box

"Max" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

  1) What configuration options should I use with qmail (i.e. should I use
  maildirs?)

Yes, definitely use maildirs.

  2) Are there tuning/performance options I should change?

Look on http://www.qmail.org/ for the patches targeted to big servers.

Be sure to use the ucspi tools (tcpserver, etc) and daemontools.  See the
Life With Qmail page (referenced off the above qmail site).

  3) Which Pop server should I use (I am using the Washington EDU Imap
package
  now)

qmail ships with qmail-pop3d.  If that doesn't work for you, come back and
ask the list -- there are lots of solutions.

  4) How do I record all sent and received e-mails that the box processes to
  separate file?
      (I would like to record all incoming e-mail to "in-email.log", and all
  outbound e-mail to "out-                email.log, as well as deliver the
  e-mail to the correct user/domain. These logs will be used for
  historical backup purposes.)

The qmail FAQ has an entry which describes how you can store a copy of all
mail passing through your server.  You could write a script that separates
incoming and outgoing mail to different folders.

  I know these questions are very basic, but I have zero qmail experience.
  What I have read about the product is very exciting and I hope it fits
well
  with the organization.

Hey, it's worked everywhere I've worked!

Faried.