We use a variation on the same HOWTO. All you do is:

1) rcpthosts:

theirdomain.com

2) virtualdomains:

theirdomain.com:theirdomain-com

3) assign:

+theirdomain-com:popuser:888:888:/u1/...theirdomain-com/default:-::

Then, in the directory /u1/...theirdomain-com/default:

4) create Maildir

5) create .qmail-default with entry:

/u1/...theirdomain-com/default/Maildir/

That should do it!