While I've never heard of these Nexsan boxes, I do know another approach to
the problem along similar lines. Get a external raid box (server attached
with built in differential raid controller). You can connect two pc's to
one such device as long as each scsi controller in the pc has a different
scsi ID.

Metastor makes a unit like this with a Symbios series 3 raid controller
built in, dual redundant fans and power supplies, and 10 slots for sca
80pin drives (we used seagate cheeta 18gig drives). Performance is quite
nice, you have your redundancy, and while the raid is a single point of
failure, you are using it for the very purpose it was designed. Even if one
pc and powersupply fails, or even a drive, you are still up. You have a hot
swap drive ready to sync up, a powersupply can be shipped next day air if
the vender is not local, and spinning up a new server takes no time if you
do proper backups.

Stephen Comoletti
Systems Administrator
Delanet, Inc.  http://www.delanet.com