Hmm... sounds like you need to enable relaying which can be done via tcpwrappers or tcpserver (preferrably tcpserver).

Check the qmail FAQ from the source distribution on how to enable relaying.

(FAQ question 5.4)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: 25 January 2000, Tuesday 15:50
Subject: Cannot remotely send mail.

since my last post, I've now set up qmail on a different box that doesn't have port 25 blocked. i've set up a pop server to receive email from a remote location (vie outlook or whatever other client the user has), but I am unsure of how to send mail from a remote client. It simply fails when i try to use the server to send mail, from a remote client.
what do i need to add to qmail to enable this?

- Eric