At 01:16 27.1.2000 -0500, you wrote:

>| Hi
>| I'm a new qmail user having a problem with relays.  I'm using tcpserver
>| with 3 domains in rcpthosts and the following in etc/tcp.smtp
>|
>| 192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>| 127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>|
>| According to what I've read, this should allow only users with 192.168.1.*
>| to use my server as a relay.  But when I test remotely, the test messages
>| are allowed through.
>|
>| Any input would be much appriciated.
>| Thanks
>| Jeff
>

>Yayayaya.. but hmmm.. maybe you need a default allow rule in there eh?
>
>192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
>:allow

Hi,

try my SPAMCONTROL Patch I posted into this group recently.
However, I really advise everybody NOT to use the LOOPBACK address to be
included in the relaying control mechanism. Its easy enough to fake that.

regards,
erwin.

|  fff        hh                                     Dr. Erwin Hoffmann |
| ff          hh                                                        |
| ff    eee   hhhh      ccc   ooo    mm mm  mm       Wiener Weg 8       |
| fff  ee ee  hh  hh   cc   oo   oo  mmm  mm  mm     50858 Koeln        |
| ff  ee eee  hh  hh  cc   oo     oo mm   mm  mm                        |
| ff  eee     hh  hh   cc   oo   oo  mm   mm  mm     Tel 0221 484 4923  |
| ff   eeee   hh  hh    ccc   ooo    mm   mm  mm     Fax 0221 484 4924  |