* Juan E Suris ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [27 Jan 2000 18:47]:

> How can I get the MX record for my domain? I don't have direct access to the
> DNS.

If you mean: How do I register the MX record for my domain:

        When you registered the domain, there were at least two
        DNS entries. Get the person(s) who operate/own these machines
        to add a MX record for your domain that points to the _name_
        of your machine.

If you mean: What machine does the MX record for my domain point to:

        Use either of the following two commands:

        % host -t mx domain.name

        or if this fails:

        % host -t a domain.name

--
Quist Consulting                Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
219 Donlea Drive                Voice: +1.416.696.7600