On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 02:16:13PM -0500, Brad Shelton wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 01:26:57PM -0500, Jonathan Herbert wrote:
>
> > What's curious is that this problem has been so especially prevalent with
> > qmail.
>
> I'm curious, but what information do you have available to you that gives
> you the impression that huge file attachments being problematic are
> "especially prevalent with qmail"?

Like Kai said, i assume this has more to do with what the ordinairy
user views as an acceptable transmission method. Why use something that
works, like ftp, or scp, when you can a [to some degree, i'm sure] less
reliable medium such as email?

And i'm going on strictly user testimonials. Trying to quantify this sort of
thing would be an outrageous nightmare, i'm sure.

> I know of many other such prevalent problems. How'd qmail get to be so
> responsible for everybody else's problems?

Now you're taking me a little too seriously, i think. I'm not blaming qmail,
or any MTA for that matter. The fact of it is that something is going on,
which i can't adequately explain. I could be the only person who has
experienced this, but i know that not to be the case. Even on this list,
every once in a while this issue [if you could even call it that now] pops
up on this list.

I'm not trying to lure anybody into a flame war, and i'm not attempting to
defile the temple of qmail, so don't worry :)

Jonathan