On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 10:27:23AM -0500, Adam McKenna wrote:
> The big expense when running fibre channel is not the HBA's or the disks.
> It's the fibre channel switches.  We priced out a four port fibrechannel
> switch at $15,000 a few months ago.

We have 50 36G disks per loop and still see excellent performance. Since most
disks are dual ported you can run two loops and get 100 disks (this is what we
are doing, although not with GFS yet). That's a lot of storage, probably more
than people have been talking about NFS mounting.

--
Tracy Reed      http://www.ultraviolet.org
Every one we don't catch would be a "yet another major ms security hole",