<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

  I've been looking through repositories of OPEN SOURCE software
  looking for a Mail User Agent for Unix machines that runs natively
  in a Unix XWindow environment. I can't seem to find one that allows
  the usage of Qmail's Maildirs. Does anyone know of one that is
  Open Source ?

I suggest you go to http://freshmeat.net/ and search for "maildir" or "mua".
There may be something associated with KDE or Gnome that'll do what you
want.

Gnus inside XEmacs supports maildirs, and XEmacs can run under X (as a bonus
feature, it'll even run in non-X environments!).  It's probably overkill for
your users if they're not familiar with Emacs environment, though.

http://www.gnus.org/