Hello.

I have finished my smtp-auth patch for qmail. First betatesters has got it
2 days ago.
I hope that i didn't screw up anything this weekend (i have modified it a
bit without testing in real world) ,
but hey! - release early, release often!

I've updated mr. Brisby's patch to work with 2 more auth types: CRAM-MD5
and PLAIN. This will allow nearly all clients to user smtp auth with your
server and you can forget any pop-before-smtp solutions!.

I need you guys to give it a try and report me back with any errors or
success'.

If you will encounter error, the
a) tell me what client you are using
b) do "tcpdump -i eth0 -w output" , exchange eth0 with you net interface.
Record the pop session and send it to me.

If you will encounter success then:
a) tell me your client's name and version
b) what auth method it uses (tcpdump will be helpfull if docs aren't).

You can find more info in the distribution files (webpage is kinda empty
right now).

So go, get it, and spam me back with bug reports.

http://www.elysium.pl/members/brush/qmail-smtpd-auth/

Kris
p.s. Russ, can you add this to www.qmail.org ? Both programs..