On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 01:06:24PM -0700, Steve Wolfe wrote:
> > OK, I've already found that and turned it on. It's better, but it
> > still leaves a lot of addresses uncloaked.
> >
> > Now, how can I reprocess the existing archives with -spammode?

[snip]
> the storage.  Having it in a database really allows for great flexibility
> in archival/retrieval.  There's just one problem... threading.  I've been
> trying to come up with a decent method of threading the messages, but since
> few (if any) mail clients seem to use a "in-response-to" header (or
> whatever the name of it is), it's getting very hard to do more than just
> seperate the original from a reply.

Check out the archives of the php3 mailing list, lots of discussion about
threading and SQL there...

> list?)  As far as spam harvesting, the database stores the email address of
> the author, but does not show it to end users.  One of the planned features
> is the ability to email the author via a form, so that you never see the
> email address in question.  It allows for contacting authors, but without
> opening them up to spam.  The author can decide whether to reply or not.

Hmm this is quite a good one, most big free online archives do use forms
that you need to click on to mail someone, but this might be even better..

Greetz, Peter.
--
Peter van Dijk - student/sysadmin/ircoper/madly in love/pretending coder