Andreas Altenburg wrote:

> i read "life with qmail" and set ip my server correctly. i did not find the
> part how to start the pop3d automatically. so i entered the lines of the doc
> ("tcpserver..." to my boot script of qmail. Now each transaction is logged
> to the console. Does anybody have I working startup script for qmail-send,
> qmail-smtpd and qmail-pop3???

Hi for qmail-stmp and qmail-send I user the living with qmail script,
and for pop3
I use a custom one I send attachet. It's intended to work with vpopmail
instead of
checkpassword and uses some SuSE defines for start-up scripts.

--
Bernat Ginard Lladó
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]           http://www.kaos.es

PATH=/var/qmail/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin
export PATH

return=$rc_done
case "$1" in
    start)

        echo "Starting POP3 server"

        env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
        supervise /var/supervise/qmail/pop3 \
        tcpserver 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup  prova.es \
        /var/qmail/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &

        echo -e $return
        ;;

    stop)

        echo "Stopping POP3 server"
        svc -dx /var/supervise/qmail/pop3
        echo -e $return
        ;;

    stat)
        echo "Checking pop3"
        svstat /var/supervise/qmail/pop3
        echo -e $return
        ;;

    pause)
        echo "Pausing pop3"
        svc -p /var/supervise/qmail/pop3
        echo -e $return
        ;;

    cont)
        echo "Continuing pop3"
        svc -c /var/supervise/qmail/pop3
        echo -e $return
        ;;

    restart)
        echo "Restarting pop3."
        svc -d /var/supervise/qmail/pop3
        svc -u /var/supervise/qmail/pop3
        echo -e $return
        ;;

    help)
    cat <<HELP
   stop -- stops pop service (pop connections refused, nothing goes out)
  start -- starts pop service (pop connection accepted, mail can go out)
  pause -- temporarily stops pop (connections accepted, nothing leaves)
   cont -- continues paused pop service
   stat -- displays status of pop service
restart -- stops and restarts pop, sends pop a TERM & restarts it
HELP
    ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|stat|pause|cont|help}"
        exit 1
    ;;
esac

test "$return" = "$rc_done" -o "$return" = "$rc_done_up" || exit 1
exit 0