On Thu, 03 Feb 2000 09:05:35 -0500 , "Len Budney" writes:
> Agreed; that's a serious issue. I would recommend switching to a better
> synchronous filesystem, though, rather than using ext2 async.
>
> Unfortunately, Linux offers few choices there.  The BSD fs would be great
> if it wasn't so immature under Linux;

However, it's quite mature under *BSD ;-)

Using softupdates under *BSD gives you the reliability
of sync (somewhat more, actually), with nearly the speed
of async.

--
Chris Mikkelson  | "I have yet to see any problem, however complicated,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | which, when you looked at it the right way, did not