Nice work indeed. Perks of being in a niche market with government funding all over
the place.
Anyway, my original idea was a 2mbit line to cover all services including web. As you
say web will be the most
bandwidth consumptive (real word?) so as i can work that out roughly i am looking for
email stats. The
services will be broken down in these ways. Email will be primarily for home users
with a small percentage
business (daytime users). we willhandle dialin smtp and pop3 but dialup itself is
outsourced so we don't need
to provide bandwidth for dialup connections. In effect all i need really is email
stats. Quality wise i want to
provide a good alround service which if it slows slightly at peak usage times is not
too much of a problem. The
bandwidth i am talking about is internet connectivity. All dialups are 56 or possibly
a small percentage of 64 k
isdn and a tiny percentage of 128k isdn. Let me stress again. This is part of a
dedicated server farm with no
dialup servers which are located elsewhere. Thanks all.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 22:07:24 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 04:03:51AM +0000, Marek Narkiewicz wrote:
>> I hate to ask such a general question, but hat sort of bandwidth is needed to
>accomodate up to 10000
home

--
Marek Narkiewicz, Systems Director WelshDragon ltd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]