At 9:20 PM -0500 2/6/00, Len Budney wrote:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> I would strongly recommend *against* using ORBS, because it blocks a
>> lot of legitimate mail.
>
>Agreed. (I cut a similar caution for space reasons; should've just omitted
>mention of ORBS.)
>
>Fascism is seductive to techies--in particular, the ORBS fellow does
>seem to have a bit of a god complex. <http://www.orbs.org/bugtraq.html>
>gives a good example.
>
>Len.

I use maildrop and a hacked version of rblcheck to simply add a
header to suspected spam. If the last server before ours matches RBL,
rblcheck's return code is incremented by 1. If it matches at
RBL.maps.vix.com, incremented by 2. DUL.maps.vix.com, by 4.
relays.mail-abuse.org, by 8. Then I throw the return value into the
header. The results have been informative.