On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 01:19:56PM -0500, Doug McClure wrote:
> info msg 25541042: bytes 492 from <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> qp 686 uid 412
> starting delivery 102: msg 25541042 to local [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> status: local 2/10 remote 2/20
> delivery 102: deferral: Unable_to_chdir_to_maildir._(#4.2.1)/
> status: local 1/10 remote 2/20
>
> The user's Maildir is there, it's intact ...
>
> drwx------    5 xxxxx     domainusr     45 Feb  9 13:23 .
> drwxr-x---    4 xxxxx     domainusr     84 Feb  9 13:23 ..
> drwx------    2 xxxxx     domainusr      9 Feb  9 13:23 cur
> drwx------    2 xxxxx     domainusr      9 Feb  9 13:23 new
> drwx------    2 xxxxx     domainusr      9 Feb  9 13:23 tmp
>
> It's on an NFS partition and apparently is the only one with
> problems. qmail is running using the users/assign and all the info in
> there is correct and matches the passwd entry.

Is it only *this* user that is having problems or is it the only user
who happens to have their home on an NFS mount that is having problems?

As I'm sure you know, the deferral is just that, not a bounce. Is the
home mounted by automount? I find that to be a disaster for
mail delivery too.

If nothing else, it may simply be a flaky NFS connection for some
reason. It's a pity qmail doesn't attach the errno with the messages
associated with system call failures.

Mark.