HELO

I have a kinda odd situation (I know so does everybody else)

I have smtp and pop3 working fine from a workstation that is accessing
the email server thru a MASQ'd firewall connection.

The install is standard LWQ using tcpserver for everything including
qmail-pop3d - which seems to work just fine.

I can send a message to my own user and recieve it back with netscape
just fine.

But if I try to send a message to anyone outside my local domain I get
the dreaded:

sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts

If I put the destination domain in my rcpthosts it accepts and
processes the email just fine.

It would appear that qmail does not recognize that my request is coming
from a local domain - since I am MASQ'd I have my MASQ server listed in
the /etc/tcp.smtp(?) file for tcpserver with the proper env setting to
bypass rcpthosts....

The odd thing is that I do not have a DNS entry for this server yet so
I am using the IP of the server to send to it from outside with entries
in the locals file for that address - which seems to work OK.

What should I look at ?

Thanks
Kevin Kling