Today, Kai MacTane wrote:

> My US$.02 on this design:
>
> * I prefer black t-shirts; I pretty much only wear white t-shirts on
>    laundry day.

I prefer black as well, but I can do gray, white, and tan much
quicker and cheaper in one-off runs.  If enough of us decide we want
black, we can take orders, have them printed and then distributed.
This is easy enough but it will take longer and the price will
depend on how many we make.

> * People often wear t-shirts underneath sweatshirts, jackets, or
>    other things that cover the back but not the front. Putting the
>    sendmail logo on the front and the qmail logo on the back can
>    easily defeat the purpose of this shirt.

I don't think I own a tshirt that doesn't have a logo on the front.
Oh, you probably mean the most prominent logo is the sendmail one...
Well, we could switch them and/or put all the words on the back with
a small qmail logo on the front...

> * I don't know what the legal considerations are in using the
>    sendmail logo without permission; since they're now "Sendmail,
>    Inc.", they may well have trademarked that logo.

Actually, it's not the sendmail logo.  To avoid copying it too
closely I drew it from memory and if you ask me, I only barely
matched the basic design.  http://www.sendmail.org/gif/batorng.gif

Also, sendmail, inc has a different logo.
http://www2.sendmail.com/img/logo.gif

But if people don't like it, we can easily get rid of it.

Cheers,
Vern
--
\ \   / __| _ \  \ |   Vern Hart