We have several sparcs (solaris 2.6) sharing user's maildirs via NFS on
a Netapp 760 filer.  We have noticed that when we first boot the
machines, we get great performance.

After the first 24 hours though, the same # of users cause the load on
these machines to slow down substantially.

By the 2nd day, these machines feel like molasses, and the only way to
fix this is a reboot.  The bottleneck appears to be NFS related.
We run NFS vers 2/UDP between the SPARCS and the NetApp.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior before while running qmail?
[It doesn't seem to be related to qmail at all as far as we can tell]

Thanks,

--curtis