Also, my virtualdomains file contains "aquinas.pp.asu.edu:hdshc.asu.edu" (no quotation marks).
thanks again.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2000 3:52 PM
Subject: getting mail sent to lists to resolve to correct host/domain

Hello all,
I manage a university department's mailing lists, as well as their network and PCs.  My predecessor had set up qmail and ezmlm on a FreeBSD machine to allow teachers to have discussion list for their classes.  The machine's host and domain name differ slightly from the department's resolved web name.

I've set up the virtual domain to correctly resolve the lists when subscribing/unsubscribing in /var/qmail/control/, but when a user sends email to the list from outside of ASU's domain ([EMAIL PROTECTED] , etc), the message's "To:" field list address is appended to reflect the machines actual host/domain instead of the virtual domain that was used to send it.  Presuming that this is occurring at my machine, where do I look and how do I correct this?

example:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] is used in the "To:" to send an msg from <somewhere>@hotmail.com , but the returned mail from ezmlm says that the address was [EMAIL PROTECTED] .  I need the address ezmlm receives or uses to be hdshc.asu.edu

Thank you kindly,
Ben Trussell