>I have a project deadline of tuesday(yeah i know its
>close but the origonal deadline _was_ friday and we
>didnt get the hardware till 5 pm thrus) what i need is
>to create a proxy that does this:
>
>1) Receives mail via standard smtp

use qmail for receiving the smtp-mails

>2) scans for virii

look at www.unixzone.com/virus for the current amavis-version that includes
qmail-support

>3) forwards (preferably blindly) to a second
>mailserver via smtp.

add an smtproute into /var/qmail/smtproutes for example:

:forwarding_host.without.mxrecord

or

:[IP.Number.of.HOST]

Perhaps you should edit some lines in the amavis scanmails-script, if you
would like to send virus-alerts to the sender and reciepent of an infected
mail using smtp-routes. I use (still) 0.2.0-pre6-clm-rl-4, and this version
generates only for local deliveries alert-messages that are directed to
sender  and the reciepent.