VM is a web-based email client:

        http://www.mintersoft.com/products/visualmail/index.html

It works fine when using sendmail as the SMTP server. And, of course, qmail
works fine apart from VM.

But when using qmail as the smtp server for VM, AND subsequently reading
the mail in VM, there are two problems:

1) Date corruption

2) Missing messages

I've approached mintersoft regarding this, but I'm not optimistic that they
will be both willing and able to fix it. So, I'm looking for workarounds.

I'm assuming that the date problem is caused either by qmail using GMT or
else by VM possibly neglecting to add the "Date:" header. What's the best
way to pin down the cause of the ploblem, and then how to fix it?

Regarding Missing Messages, I'm wondering if this is caused by the date
problem (above), or perhaps by VM neglecting to add a Message-Id header.
Again, what's the best way to pin down the cause of the ploblem, and then
how to fix it? Is it to reroute through qmail-inject, as per:

        http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/servers.html#network-rewriting

?

Thanks, folks.

Dave

NOTES:

>From qmail-header:

STAMPS
       Every message must contain a Date field, with the date  in
       a  strict  format defined by RFC 822.  If necessary qmail-
       inject creates a new Date field with the current date  (in
       GMT).

       Every  message  should  contain  a  Message-Id field.  The
       field contents are a unique worldwide identifier for  this
       message.  If necessary qmail-inject creates a new Message-
       Id field.

>From the archive:

...Yes, but queueing it with datemail will create a Date: field using the
 local timezone.

 - Harald