On 02-Mar-00 David Harris wrote:

> http://www.isp-planet.com/equipment/qmail-a.html
>
> Sorry if this is a duplicate posting.. I scanned back subject lines a couple of
> days and didn't see anything.

I'm confused as to what she's writing about:

---
QMail is open source. While you can't beat the
purchase price (free!), the source changes frequently as the large
community using QMail identifies problems, creates patches,
proposes new features, and develops add-ons. "Qmail itself
compiled fine the first time, but some friend modules are still wet
behind the ears," says Carey.
---

QMail?  Can't be qmail.  The source hasn't changed since June '98 and
I recall Dan saying that no characters in its name are upper case.
Also:

---
When upgrading to a new version of vpopmail or SqWebMail, Carey
often bumps into new compile-time problems. "The problems
aren't major. I can usually fix the source. But I'm a sys admin, not
a C programmer. I don't have time to help refine the source."
---

Last I checked vpopmail and SqWebMail weren't part of qmail.  Must be
the way them media types listen.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.pop4.net
   128K ISDN: $24.95/mo or less - 56K Dialup: $17.95/mo or less at Pop4