On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Bufnea Darius wrote:

> I have a private network who use a server called myhost.mydomain, connected
> to internet to a ppp line. The server is use as mail server, proxy, gateway
> and so on for the private netowork... The problem is that the MUA that runs
> on the windows machines from the private network can't use my server as
> outgoing mail server. They receive an error massege that the domian is not
> in the list of allowed rcpt hosts. I put the hosts from the private network
> in /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts, but the error is the same... My /etc/hosts
> look somethig like this:
>
> 192.168.80.2   winmachine1.myhosts.mydomain   winmachine1
> 192.168.80.3   winmachine2.myhosts.mydomain   winmachine2
> and so on...

I think you need to add those IP addresses to /etc/tcprules.d/qmail-smtpd
or /etc/tcprules.d/rblsmtpd (depending on which you use).  There should be
a RELAY rule in there which (by default) only allows the machine's IP and
the localhost IP to use it to relay mail for outgoing mail.  If you edit
that and use tcprules to make a new cdb file it should work (I
believe).  You might have to restart qmail-smtpd to get the changes
recognized, I'm not sure.  This is a guess, I'm new to qmail too.  =)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
Freezer Burn BBS:  telnet://bbs.freezer-burn.org . ICQ: 54924721