Mark E. Drummond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So anyway, my MX is a Sun E250, dual 300MHz UltraSPARC II's, 256MB of RAM
[snip]
> OT: I have seen the occasional 40/40 ... should I be increasing some parameter
> here? Any wild guesses about how many connections I should/could allow on this
> hardware (with virus scanning + checking RSS, DUL and RBL)? Actully, since
> March 1st 00:00 I have hit 40/40 14 times, with all those occuring in 2
> distinct blocks.

I don't know how much additional load the virus checking & RSS, DUL, and RBL
checking adds, but that hardware can handle a much higher local & remote
concurrency than 40.  We've got a 133MHz Pentium that regularly hits its
limit of 60, and we could go higher if we wanted.

Charles
Charles Cazabon         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>