[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 22 Mar 2000:
> : command not foundil:

This might be a garbled error message that you get when the shell script
has bad EOL chars (eg. Windows-style CR LF, instead of the unix LF
only).  You get CR in the error message as the last char of the command
it tried to execute, or the last char of the variable, or whatever.  And
when printed, the cursor goes to the beginning of the line and the
subsequent ": command not found" overwrites the beginning of the line...

Check the line endings in the shell script, I'm guessing you've imported
it from a Windows system it's got CR LF endings when it should have only
LF.

Hope this helps,
Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /