I've just checked my qmail-ldap settings and found no username password
there :-). However, when I removed control/ldapserver qmail refused
to start saying "cannot start: hath the daemon spawn no fire?". Everything
went back to normal when I put control/ldapserver to its place.

So, I don't really know but the problem seems to depend on existence of
that file.

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, blair christensen wrote:

> For the username and password, what I would like to do, at least for
> now, is to just perform an anonymous bind.  How do I represent that in
> the control files?
>
> However, I have also tried using a username/password with which I can
> successfully perform an ldapsearch against the db.  qmail still
> doesn't launch successfully, however, when given this information.
>
> thanks,
> blair
>
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 04:39:39PM -0600, Nikolay Borodachev wrote:
> >
> > Do you have a user name and password set up in qmail control files to
> > access LDAP server? That user must have rights to read LDAP directory. Try
> > to query LDAP server using that username and password.
> >
> > On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, blair christensen wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, I do have those.  I added the ones mentioned in the QLDAPINSTALL
> > > file, one of which is 'ldapserver'.  Is there a minimum set that is
> > > needed?  Right now I have them all defined;  could it be that one of
> > > the non-required files is causing this?
> > >
> > > grasping at straws,
> > > blair

> > Nikolay Borodachev