On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 10:26:21PM -0500, Mark E. Drummond wrote:
> I am setting up a large number of virtual domains. I have been
> diligently replacing the "." in my .qmail files with ":" but I was
> wondering, are there any other characters that require special
> treatment? What about "-" ? What if I have the following domain:
>
>       my-dom.com
>
> would the corrensponding .qmail file for user joe be
>
>       .qmail-my-dom:com-joe?

Well that really depends on a couple of factors, one of them being the
contents of your virtualdomains file.

Anyway, to answer your question: only the . is special.

This is because DJB was worried about malicious persons mailing to
blah-../../.. and stuff like that. In fixing that, he figured out the /
might actually come in handy: you could have a .qmail-/ dir with all your
virtual stuff in that dir. Therefore, the . was made special.

Greetz, Peter.
--
Peter van Dijk - student/sysadmin/ircoper/madly in love/pretending coder