That all sounds a little too complicated..

Why not just add:

yahoo.com:a.b.c.d
.yahoo.com:a.b.c.d

Where a.b.c.d is the IP addy of the "data storage" box,

and add yahoo.com/.yahoo.com to rcpthosts on the "data storage" box.

All of the yahoo mail will funnel over to the other box, allowing your main
server to take a breather.

--Adam