Suddenly qmail stopped responding today. Telnet to port 25 gave me
the standard telnet "connected to" and "escape character is ^]" but
no smtp prompt. ps aux showed many smtp processes. Since the phone
was ringing off the hook, I had to hurry and didn't have time to look
farther. I stopped the qmail service, waited about 30 seconds, then
restarted it. It's answering again, but I don't know for how long.

A feel rusty since it's been so long since anything has gone with my
qmail installation. :-/ What should have I done to track down the
culprit? Here's my run file for the supervised (DT .61) qmail process:

#!/bin/sh
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
     /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -Rv -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c 100\
         -u $QMAILDUID -g $NOFILESGID 0 smtp /usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd -b -t2\
            -r rbl.maps.vix.com -r dul.maps.vix.com \
            -r relays.mail-abuse.org sh -c '
            /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
            cd /var/qmail/autoturn
            exec setlock -nx $TCPREMOTEIP/seriallock \
            maildirsmtp $TCPREMOTEIP autoturn-$TCPREMOTEIP-
$TCPREMOTEIP AutoTURN
            ' 2>&1

Any help appreciated.

Jon