John Levine wrote:
>The "sendmail" program is just a wrapper around qmail-inject, and does
>indeed look at those variables.  But it only looks at them if there
>isn't already a From: line, and pine is a helpful program that puts a
>From: line in messages it writes.

The thing is, I have set QMAILINJECT to sf, which should cause qmail-inject
to ignore the incoming From: and Return-Path: fields. Glancing through the
code (in qmail-inject.c), I can't see why this doesn't work. My only guess is
that my environment doesn't get passed to qmail-inject when it's invoked by
sendmail, but does get passed when I invoke qmail-inject directly. Does
sendmail run as a different user ID or something? The executable's not setuid
or setgid.

Michael